Saturday 6 March 2010

Touch of Nature


It seems ages since I "posted" a card here on my blog, so thought I'd just post one we have been making in class this month. I think the stamp set Touch of Nature was one of the first I bought when I became a Stampin' Up demo and I use it pretty regularly. This time I tried a stamping technique that I haven't tried for ages, basically I stamped the buttlerfly with Stazon onto some acertate, turned it over scribbled on Crystal Effects, sprinkled on some of the Stampin' Up fine gold glitter, covered the image/Crystal Effects with a peice of crumpled tissue paper and put on 4 drops of 2 colours of re-inkers, spread those about with a paint brush and left it to dry. As soon as it was dry I cut it out and glued the tips of the butterfly to the cut out circle on the card.

Why don't you have a go? If you haven't got re-inkers try turning a couple of Stampin' Spots over and twisting them onto a non-stick craft sheet next to each other, wet your tissue paper with Crystal Effects and pick up the colour with that directly from your craft sheet and place that on top of the glitter on top of the stamped image on the acertate. I just tried it and it worked, the colours were pretty light, but it did work.

See you soon.

Happy crafting.

Carole
x

1 comment:

  1. this is a fab card and i realy enjoyed making it in your fab class, your classes are realy lovely,we have a realy nice time making cards and chatting to friends, thank-you carol you are the best
    love sue xxx

    ReplyDelete