Thursday 8 July 2010

Touch of Nature

I am just lovin' my sponged backgrounds. They do take a little practice, but so long as you go very gently onto the ink and then very gently onto your cardstock, you can create a background that doesn't show spots - you know - the ones that show with the first "hit" of the sponge!

I also work on a craft sheet, I start off my cardstock first, placing my sponge lightly onto the craft sheet and in a circular motion gently travel the sponge towards the card. If you don't have a craft sheet, then I understand you can use a peice of waxed paper.

Its handy to have a damp peice of kitchen towel to clean your mat each time you change colour.

Here a couple of cards, the one on the right is using only stamps from the set "Touch of Nature" and a little shrink plastic! The stems on the card on the left is from Autumn Days, with the flowers made from the Boho Blossom punch.



Have a great day.

Carole
x

1 comment:

  1. lovely cards carole
    makes me want to get back to my card making
    look foward to classes starting again
    love sue xx

    ReplyDelete