Wednesday 9 January 2013

Hero Arts, Sympathy card

Hello Friends,

One of my dear friends mum passed away yesterday.  I haven't stopped thinking about my friend or her family since I heard this morning.  Sometimes I do find it difficult to design cards (especially this type) and today was one of those days, a day when I just couldn't even begin to think of what to use out of my stash to make a card, as my heart was just a little too heavy to think.

I Googled sympathy cards and found this card, which I decided to 'CASE'!

For sympathy cards I often use soft purples, I find purple tones to be soothing in some way, so here is my take on the card I saw. in purple..........


I used rubber stamps from the Hero Arts set called "With Sympathy" (CL476), all the card stock and ink is from Stampin' Up.

I hope to back soon with a couple of birthday cards I really must get made ;) !

Happy crafting.

Carole
x

3 comments:

  1. This is really lovely. Perfect for the occasion. It's sad when you have to make these isn't it. Love the stamps- Hero Arts are brilliant. Am waiting for a parcel from them soon.
    Loving my silhouette- I am amazed at what I can do with it. Have lots of news to tell you- will have to ring you!
    Xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Always sorry when these type of cards have to be made but | have to say I love it! sorry to hear of the loss x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry to hear about your friend's mum. This is a lovely sympathy card, and I'm sure she will appreciate it. I love the tranquil colours that you've chosen to use. xx

    ReplyDelete