Friday 1 February 2013

Clean & Simple 2 - Day 5

Hello Friends,

Gosh this week has flown by!!!

I want to start my post today by thanking you all for looking at my blog and commenting on my cards, it makes me happy to know lots of you are enjoying the same class as me!  Those girls over at Online Card Classes, sure do give us value for money and get us thinking outside of our usual style.  It is also really nice to join in with the challenge, giving us an opportunity to create!

Thank you also to my followers and I'd like to welcome Scrappymax and Kim for joining.

So on to today's card........I decided before the lesson even came in that it was going to be a "thank you" card, to show my appreciation to all of you who look and comment.  I had been going through my "thank you" stamps, of which I have many, trying to decide before the class began which one I thought I'd choose.  Well that was a waste of time and now I have a whole load of stamps and stamp sets to put away, as in the end I chose one that I hadn't even thought of until I saw Julie's fabulous card and hint on how to place a small tag on the front of your card with ease!

So here's my creation.......


It really is a CASE of Julies card, it was so easy and I'd never have thought about colouring just one flower - thanks Julie!  The stamp is a really old one (again) which I stamped with VersaMark and embossed with my white embossing powder.  I coloured the one flower with my Distress Markers, which I have had for a few months now and not used.  To my horror it looked like the Picket Fence one didn't work at first, but after giving it a couple of seconds the colour just appears - odd, but true!  I used Mustard Seed for the centre, which I bought into the petals a little, you can see a little closer on this photo........


This has taken me a little while, I've had my fringe cut in the middle of blogging about it and had a chat on the phone to a friend, so I'm hoping I'm not first on the gallery today - I'm keen but don't want to be first on the Gallery every day ;) !

Thanks again to everyone, I'm having a ball!

Happy creating.

Carole
x

11 comments:

  1. Nice card! I love the stamp.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job! That tag on the bow looks perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Carole, what a great take on Julie's card. I love your design and coloring! The picket fence marker came out beautifully on this card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Carole..not first, but close!! Beautiful card! the stamp works perfectly for this technique - who knew we didn't have to color in the whole dang stamp? I love your pop of color in the center...good job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the pop of color on the flower and stems...such a pretty card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your card, I really like the way white pops on craft card stock. I did a daisy card too today, I didn't think of using the Picket Fence distress marker, that looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really like the looks of this card. Nicely done.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very nice job! I like the way you colored the flower! I love going to the Student Gallery in class, and seeing all the beautiful cards, so I thought I'd try to comment on a few of my favorites!
    MarjR

    ReplyDelete