Wednesday 16 October 2013

Mosaic Inspiration with the Silhouette Cameo

Hello Friends,

It's funny sometimes, how we gain inspiration.  A friend popped in earlier today and told me about a card she'd seen where you can use up lots of small bits of paper - she told me it was "mosaic" like.  I thought no more of it, my hairdresser arrived, who just happens to be friends with one of my neighbours daughters and she told me that my neighbour was celebrating his 70th birthday today, with her.

So, as soon as my hair was cut and she'd gone, I set myself to work with a "mosaic" themed card in mind and came up with this.....


......I'm really really pleased with how it turned out.  I used Pool Party & Basic Black card stock from Stampin' Up, together with paper from a new 6 x 6 stack I bought yesterday called Lost & Found - Portobello Road, by My Mind's Eye.

The die cut speech bubbles were cut on my Silhouette Cameo using a freebie from the Silhouette Cameo class that I'm enjoying right now from Studio Calico called Cutting Edge.  I love using pens in my Cameo, which is how the writing on the front was done.

Thanks for popping by today.

Happy crafting.

Carole
x

2 comments:

  1. Hope your friend had a lovely Birthday, it's always hard for the age cards "I think" .... xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hopped over from your comment to me, so I thought I would just say Hi x

    ReplyDelete