Thursday 26 May 2016

Groovi Diagonal Grid tags

Hello Friends,

I promised you yesterday that I'd post a picture of the tags I made using the Groovi Diagonal Grid plate, for the East Sussex Federation designer day at W.I. Denman.



I showed the ladies how to emboss the dots and prick the holes around the hexagon vellum piece and how to do a little bit of white work on the stamped butterfly.

From a previous lesson I'd got many yellow circles and dark red hexagons left over, so decided to mount the vellum onto those.  I joked with the ladies, I told them I hadn't got enough of each for them all to have the same and that when they'd done their parching onto the vellum hexagon they were to come up and we'd decide together whether they'd mount theirs on a yellow one or a red one.  They did laugh when I told them my plan.....I told them if they'd made a mistake (or two) they might like to choose the yellow one, as the mistakes wouldn't show up so much and if they concentrated and made a perfect one, they'd probably choose a red one!

I do love Denman, it really is an amazing place for ladies to go and relax, stay over in beautiful accommodation, take a workshop or course, be fed really well and the grounds.....well, they are delightful.

Better get on with some work and practice my own Parchment skills, I have a beginners class to stand-in for in a couple of weeks!

Happy crafting and thanks for popping back again today.

Carole x



No comments:

Post a Comment